Last panel of the pamphlet. The text says, "You have the right to know if you’re being discharged or placed on extended leave. You have all of the same rights on extended leave as you do in the hospital, including the right to ask for a review panel hearing. What if I’m unhappy about my care? If you have complaints about the way you’ve been treated, you can contact the Office of the Ombudsperson: 1-800-567-3247 PO Box 9039 STN PROV GOVT Victoria, BC V8W 9A5 The Office of the Ombudsperson is an independent body that investigates public institutions, like the hospital. Where can I get more information about my rights? Read a summary of your rights on Form 13. A nurse will ask you to sign that form to show that someone has told you about your rights. If you’d like a family member or friend to help you with your rights, you can ask a nurse to give them rights information. This pamphlet was created by the Mental Health Act Rights Advice research team ( Funding for this research was provided by the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research." The Michael Smith Foundation logo is shown.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *